Bruins Notes: Projected Lines, Pairings For Preseason Game Vs. Canadiens – NESN.com
BOSTON — The Bruins’ training camp practices Tuesday at TD Garden consisted of two separate groups, one of which is expected to travel to the Bell Centre for the preseason opener against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.
There’s a chance the other group will suit up for Wednesday’s home matchup against the Washington Capitals. Bruins head coach Claude Julien did not confirm that, though.
Bruins center David Krejci should receive an opportunity to develop some chemistry with Loui Eriksson on Tuesday night. The right wing spot on Krejci’s line opened when veteran forward Jarome Iginla left Boston as a free agent in July, and Eriksson is the best candidate to fill that role.
“You always get a little nervous, even during a scrimmage before the puck drop,” Krejci said. “It’s a healthy nervousness.”
– These are the lines and pairings from Tuesday’s practice drills. Don’t be surprised if we see these same combinations to start the Canadiens game.
Matt Fraser–David Krejci–Loui Eriksson
Anthony Camara–Carl Soderberg–Brian Ferlin
Daniel Paille–Ryan Spooner–Simon Gagne
Jordan Caron–Chris Kelly–Tyler Randell
Dennis Seidenberg–Johnny Boychuk
David Warsofsky–Kevan Miller
Chris Casto–Joe Morrow
Malcolm Subban–Niklas Svedberg
– These were the line combinations from the second group.
Brad Marchand–Patrice Bergeron–Seth Griffith
Milan Lucic–Ethan Werek–Alexander Fallstrom
Craig Cunningham–Alex Khokhlachev–Justin Florek
Matt Lindblad–Rob Flick–Jared Knight
Cory Kane–Brian Sexton–Bobby Robins
Bracken Kearns–Ville Leino
– Kevan Miller has been paired with David Warsofsky throughout training camp and there’s a good chance they will be together in Tuesday night’s game.
“I love playing with him,” Miller said about Warsofsky.
– Bruins head coach Claude Julien didn’t reveal if he plans to start Subban or Svedberg in net against Montreal, but added, “You’ll probably see both of them (Tuesday).”
– Bruins forward prospect David Pastrnak still is day-to-day with a shoulder injury, per Julien. The 18-year-old winger tweaked his shoulder after taking a hit from B’s defenseman …read more