W2W4: C’s vs. Knicks (Preseason Game 4) – ESPN (blog)
October, 11, 2014
• Responding to adversity: The Celtics watched Friday’s game in Toronto slip away in the fourth quarter and coach Brad Stevens said he wants to see the team respond better to adversity, something Boston struggled with last season. Boston will be tested from the start as they are playing the second night of a back-to-back against a Knicks team that has been idle since Wednesday’s meeting in Hartford.
• Opportunities for end-of-roster guys: Stevens went with a tight 10-man rotation during Friday’s loss. With Boston playing its fourth game in six days, he’s going to have to expand the rotation and manage minutes for the veterans that have logged heavy minutes over the first three games of the week. That could mean hefty playing time for players fighting for a regular-season roster spot, while the training camp invites could get a chance to showcase their potential.
• What else? Stevens said earlier this week that the team expects to know more about the near-term future of second-year center Vitor Faverani by this evening. Faverani has experienced swelling while trying to work his way back from knee surgery that cut short his rookie season. … The Celtics are expected to be without Faverani, Jeff Green (calf), James Young (hamstring), and Rajon Rondo (hand).
- Covered Celtics since 2007
- Emmy award-winning videographer
- Joined ESPNBoston.com in 2009
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.